Dangerous Effects of Mercury

When it comes to Mercury, health professionals have different views regarding the safe levels of the element in the body. High levels of mercury in the body can be dangerous and can lead to chronic diseases. In fact, some patients who take medication that contain mercury are required to go for regular medical tests to monitor the mercury levels in the body. Mercury definitely has a negative effect on human health but the severity of these effects depends on various things such as the chemical form of the mercury, duration of exposure, route of exposure, the health of the person and the age of the person.

Dangers of High Mercury Levels
Mercury, no matter how small, can cause damage to the body especially when it has been accumulated over time. Mercury gets into the system in various chemical forms including methyl mercury (usually found in fish), elemental mercury (usually released in the air) and other compounds either inorganic or organic.

Some of the negative effects it can have on one's health include muscle weakness, tremors, insomnia, skin rashes, changes in emotional behavior such as irritability and mood swings, changes in response of the nerves, impairment of vision and hearing and in the worst case scenario, it can lead to a coma or even death.

A study conducted by Indiana University found that exposure to mercury could later lead to development of type 2 diabetes. Although mercury causes more damage to the brain, it also has a negative impact on the cardiovascular system and can lead to heart disease.

Eliminating Mercury from Your Body
Since mercury can have adverse effects, it is best to get it out of your system as soon as possible. This is possible through natural detoxification. The body is able to detox mercury from the system. However, the problem is that not all the mercury will be eliminated since the antioxidants used in the body in the elimination process will be depleted.

The first step in the natural detoxification process is to stop consuming toxins such as tobacco and alcohol. Intake of caffeine should also be limited. The second step involves cleansing the body through fasting (this may not be possible for everyone, consult your doctor before commencing). Fasting is for the purpose of eliminating any undigested food and it can be done for 2 days.

Drink plenty of water as this will help in eliminating toxins. When fasting, do not drink too much water since it can cause electrolyte imbalance in the body. You can also take the water with some lemon added to it or a few cucumber slices.

Make changes to your diet. If you consume fish frequently, limit the number of times you consume it since this limit the amount of mercury in your body if the fish has traces of mercury. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. To the greatest extent possible, consume organic foods. Also try to stay away from processed foods which are not good for your health. Ensure that you get enough vitamins and minerals either through food or supplements. Various spices and herbs such as garlic and turmeric among others can be very helpful.  A powerful supplement to help is Extreme Oral Chelation Therapy.

Do not follow this for a limited period of time, make it your way of life and you will not have to worry about accumulation of metal in the body.

To learn more about the effects of Mercury see what the EPA says  www.epa.gov/mercury/effects.htm
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *